Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 13, Auktober 19th, 2010

Today I learned:



I really enjoyed the Village. It was a beautiful movie, with a score that rarely "intruded," per se, but rather supported, whispering through the background of scenes and gently tickling the edge of perception, lending an almost intangible flavor to the movie. The use of color was not only very well done, it was integral to the plot in an interesting concept I thought was quite interesting. I could wish I'd not had it spoiled before watching <_< and for it to go on a little longer (the future of the characters is left almost entirely up in the air) but I thought it was a better movie than the trailers suggested. M. Night may have gone downhill since, but at least he had an uphill to go down from...



I've had two days off since May 26th. I miss my old jobs, wherein I could take time off without it being a big deal...the flexibility to do something epically random, like head off to Chicago to go on a Godzilla styled rampage in a giant rubbery robot your friend constructed painstakingly over the last three years and now needs a copilot for. Instead, I am forced into a mold of responsibi...



Today, I learned that Mold (facial hair for food) and Mold (an annoying way of constricting freedom) are spelled exactly the same. I technically have known this for years now, but just today, while typing this entry, consciously noticed it.


--Flynn (Swan dive into a hot tub. I find there are usually antique motorcycles waiting for me.)

1 comment:

  1. Well, don't forget about the awesome British variant of Mold: Mould! Which the free dictionary kindly defines here: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mould

    And, I fear the day when I will have to get up at less-than-awesome-hours of the day on a regular basis, and not have days off whenever I need them... But in the mean time maybe I'll work at Geek Squad.

    ReplyDelete