Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 14, Knocktober 20th, 2010

Today I learned:



I had strayed into vanity again. For clarity's sake, my personal working definition of vanity is NOT "low table with mirror or mirrors where one sits while dressing or applying makeup" but rather "tailoring my appearance for others, not myself." The rule of thumb I set for myself some years ago was that what I wore/how I did my hair etc. should ALWAYS be something I liked, whether for form or function, and that if at any point I began doing things based solely on what others thought, I would need to re-orient my stylings and get back on track. So, for instance, I have on occasion worn rather tacky clothes, because they were either practical, or I got a kick out of them. The recent realization was brought on because my hair was, at least in front, really rather long and it became annoying, and I didn't like how it looked, and I realized I only had it that way because some people are prone to complain when I cut my hair. Long story (and hair) short, I got it buzzed and am now at liberty to take showers right before bed/getting in the car/whatever, because my hair dries in five minutes, and even if I sleep on it wet it's not like it can get messed up. It's practical, I like the way I look in it, and therefor it trumps the long, cute little wave hair I had before.


I also learned that apparently this haircut makes me more attractive to middle aged women. That part is a bit weird, and was not foreseen. Apparently I make a lousy Palpatine, which is honestly fine by me.



Tahitian Noni juice is many things. First off, it's flipping delicious. At least, the candy I had based on it was some of the best I've had. Of course, that was partly just the sugar talking, but the flavor was quite good. Like, really classy starbursts, the kind you would eat if you had just finished showing off your Rolls Royce Phantom II at a gathering of classy old men in tuxedos with classy women on their arms, while listening to Vivaldi and a single tasteful explosion going off in the background. Second off, until recently, it was promoted by Danny Glover. Not that it means too much to me, but it is a random fact, which this blog is kind of all about. Thirdly, it's being marketed as a wonderous fruit of magic and might, which is mainly to line their pockets and is without a single real fact to back it up. Yes, it's tasty and good for you, like most fruit. But it is not as amazing for your health as they'd love you to think. The primary people responsible for marketing are quite good at their job; when sales dipped, they refactored their pesudoscience to be fresh and just as pseudo. Now, instead of a superfruit with flavanoids, it's a medicinal fruit with Iridoids.


--Flynn (My lawyers have ordered me not to recommend doing this, as it could cause you to become dead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment