Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 2, Bachtober 8th, 2010

(brief note: "Today" is broadly defined as the period since the last entry. On occasion, I will almost certainly post things I learned some other day, but do not lynch me for that would besmirch your reputation as reasonable blog readers.)

Today, I learned:

ADDENDUM: (I KNEW I had forgotten one!)
Today is Vladimir Putin's birthday. Happy birthday, you small evil man. I sincerely hope that you continue providing amusement with your oh so captionable photographs, and insincerely hope that you continue being evil. (In other news, my Russian patronymic would be Vladimirivitch. This is an entirely pleasing thought to me.)

the ".x_t" file extension signifies not, as may be postulated, a failed attempt at a smiley, but that it is a Parasolid file, generated (quite possibly) by the Parasolid modeling features one can integrate into Autocad. These files are openable by Solidworks, but support is kind of...weird. One might, reasonably, ask what I mean by weird. I might answer, were I asked, that it changes color every time you name a face, and that if you then proceed to change the color back to the exact color it was. it is just barely different. This is not cool, but there being very little I can do about it I will have to grin and bear it.

I spoke over hastily when I said I wanted Barbossa to officiate at my wedding. While that would certainly be a grandiose wedding, I have decided I want a more mellifluous sound. And thus, when it comes time for my auspicious and epic nuptials, I shall attempt to garner the services of Isaiah Mustafa, as being the only one with a manly enough voice to perform the ceremony. I am sure somewhere he counts as an ordained minister, because he smells like old spice; anything is possible. (On a related note, I have also learned that Old Spice is the only company in the history of ever to make ads that compel me to buy their products)

--Flynn (Silver Fish Hand Catch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment