Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 3: Talktober 9th, 2010

Things I have learned:


A "good" reason for me to follow the speed limit at all times. (I put "good" in quotation marks because as most people that know me will attest, my motivations often run more towards the idiosyncratic than admirable) Therefor, the safety, the legality, and the betterness from my car are not sufficient. Instead, I realized it annoys 90% of other motorists in a way they can't complain about because, technically, they are breaking the law and I am not. My family can now breathe easier, as I shall be driving the speed limit far more henceforth and in perpetuity.

Sometimes you need to turn off a filter or two, and just try a silly idea. Maybe it will flop, or maybe you'll cut five minutes off your program's execution time. I had been having trouble with inserting the 3D model for the Orifice Meter in Solidworks, because the complexity of the model and the fact my program had to iterate through every single face to try and find the few it needed to connect to other pieces. We just got in new orifice meter models today, and they were far, far worse as regards complexity. So, I figured out a silly, but fully functional way to fix it! yay!

1 comment:

  1. I approve this action. Going the speed limit should give you joy if for only that very reason. However, to limit the amount of aggressive driving I receive, I usually travel in the right, middle, or right-middle lane (for two, three, and four lane roads respectively).

    Going the speed limit in the "fast lane" is just downright mean, but still fun at times if you can ignore the high beams and tailgating... (That little flipper on the bottom of the rear-view mirror works wonders for the former, but brake-checking is just being aggressive back.)

    ReplyDelete